Age is something most women would like to keep a secret to. For whatever reason, some feels lonely thinking of how old they are getting and some feels just fine. Most women would try everything they can to avoid such a conversation as if it’s a taboo. A well-known socialite on her 30’s once said ” Better not anyone know your age, or your market value will definitely fall and astray like a drifting wood on the rapids.”
I am 30 and I am not ashamed to say so. I am 30 and I feel good because this life has given me so much of the good and bad that I view as adventure, excitement, and lessons. Do i feel sad that I am getting older ? NO, I feel blessed and there’s so much more that I want to do and see and experience and would be so looking forward to write about them when I reach my 40’s and 50’s and so on. Being 30 is great……and it’s just about the start of more meaningful years.
30 Great things about being 30……it’s more fun that I have ever thought.
30. I am making decisions more soundful than before.
29. Having more quiet moments with myself.
28. Settling all kinds of insecurities I have had during my younger years.
27. Doing things I want to and not needing others approval.
26. Enjoying different hairstyles without feeling conscious.
25. Having the sense of stillness within me.
24. Doing things slowly but surely.
23. Enjoying movies as they are without analyzing too much…..lol
22. Having more time to read.
21. Learning to cook different cuisines.
20. Discovering my baking skills….and I am enjoying it so much.
19. Realizing who my real friends are…. there are only a few but appeared millions in many ways.
18. Having new acquaintances and looking forward for more.
17. Learning not to compare things and just appreciate them as they are.
16. Appreciating nature more, so much so that I am doing my little share to save it somehow.
15. Trying my hand on art.
14. Searching for profound things to do that are time worthy.
13. Being more careful on my words.
12. Discovering different kinds of tea and having them on my cup every morning.
11. Eating a more healthy, balanced meal.
10. Having regular exercises to keep my body and mind active.
9. Being lazy and a bum from time to time.
8. Getting away (somehow) from the fancy of social networking sites….but not out of touch…hehehe
7. Being nosey and having a small dose of gossip every now and then….lol
6. Understanding certain things in a wider perspective , listening, respecting others points of view.
5. Enjoying sex more and more, much and much……lol
4. Being married to the man I love, respect and trust…..the John Lennon of my life as he calls me his Yoko Ono 🙂
3. Being thankful and feeling so blessed to be having a great family that gives me a never-ending care and an unconditional love.
2. Having a much stronger faith in God and feeling so safe and secure knowing that I am loved and will never be alone in my life.
1. Being 30 is great most specially because I am seeing the real essence of life. I am at peace with myself, having accepted my weaknesses, learning from my mistakes, embracing my imperfections, recognizing my strengths, having gratitude for all the blessings–good and bad, and conquering my fears. Being calm in the midst of confusion and carrying on through pain. Life is beautiful…….and it will always be no matter what. It’s great being 30…..I know for sure it’s the start of a decade full of wonderful things and of unnerving trials, but what the heck…someone’s got my back 🙂